Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ice painting

I read somewhere a long time ago about painting outside in below freezing temps.  I decided to try it recently during our ice storm.  I used a piece of light weight canvas and hung it outside for a few hours.  Then I brought it in laid it on a rack and painted it with Stewart Gill fabric paints.  The fabric thawed so quickly it was really not icy while I was finishing the painting.  But, I am not going to paint outside during an ice storm so my ice painting is not quite authentic.You can see the ridges made by the rack in the photo.  This is before I ironed it to set the paint.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Susan,
You are having entirely too much fun !! It is nice that you can use the darn snow for something fun and constructive though!!

Karen S said...

Pretty colors -- I would love to see a picture of the finished (ironed) piece.